#4) The Beginnings of a Video Series


Hello, and welcome back to "Always Be Better" with Mel Windham.

Today I'm going to try something a little different. For the first three weeks, if you may have noticed, I've been reading from a script. But this time, I'm going to try to speak more freely, and well, we'll see how this goes.

First, let me take you back to November, when I was listening to church. And this guy just kept going on and on about how there's so much hatred in the world. All these people fighting, and you have political strife, you have the coronavirus tearing everybody apart. And he says -- he just kept saying: We're better than this. Why is everybody angry? Why is there so much hate? Why can't we just show love and understanding? And actually work together?

And it hit me that: you know what? This is one area where I think I can actually help. I can create this video series and try to inspire people -- try to help people to see the world in a different light, to learn things that they don't know already. Show how the world works, how the brain works, how people think, how people interact with each other. And I think just talking it out, and working together on this, I think we could become better people. 

As part of this, I would like to point out that this is not easy for me. I'm going out of my comfort zone to do this. I'm more of a writer than a speaker, but I'm working on it. So, we'll see how this goes. And I'm sure some of you may be watching and say, "Wow, this guy is pretty bad." 

But as my life coach told me, in December -- he said, "Well, don't worry about doing a bad job. Just start. And if you have the idea, then follow through. Just start it. Get better along the way, and then it will work in the end. It will work." And I'm hoping that's what happens. And we'll see.

I have a lot planned. I do have a lot of topics. I have a really fun one that I'm going to do on Drake's Equation. And if you don't know what that is, you'll find out in a couple of weeks. But it's an example of one that I've already started, but it takes a lot of work to put together this video. It's going to be my very first attempt at graphics. We'll see how that goes. And I'm hoping that this becomes a really fun, and a really good video series.

And part of this is intentional, because you can see where I started from, and you will see where I will end up. And hopefully this will inspire you to improve as well. Maybe there's something that you're not good at doing, and then maybe you'll see me and say, "Well, if that Melvyn guy can get better, and well, maybe I can get better, too." And, well, we'll see if that works out.

And for the next week, I'd like you to think about something that you would like that you've been thinking about doing, but perhaps you're scared to do this thing. And I want you to think about setting a goal to just start doing it. Just jump into it. And see how it goes. See if you can improve it along the way. And, well, we'll see what happens. I think we'll -- together -- we can change the world. So, we'll see how this goes.

And that's all I have for this week. Thanks for watching, and remember, we can "Always Be Better."


Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this Mel! Truly inspiring! Way to conquer your fears!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#28) Logic Puzzles

#47) Visiting Wieners and Losers